Thursday, October 30, 2008

Early voting



I wasn't going to take advantage of early voting, but dh came home from work this afternoon and declared, "Let's go"... so off to the government complex we went to cast our votes. This the first year my state has implemented early voting.

There was a line. In all my years of voting, I have never stood in a line to vote. I see this as a good sign, regardless of who the people were voting for. It's good to see a lack of apathy concerning one of them most important decision one should make every four years.

After a stomach-dropping announcement of "We don't have you in the database", I asked her to spell back my last name. My inept lip has problems with "B" and "P", so she heard the latter instead of the former when I initially spelled out my name. After that, the process went smoothly.

Now, I just hope I don't forget that I remembered to vote. I can see myself waking up in the wee hours of the 5th in a panic.

If your state has early voting and you mind has been made, take advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment