I set up a Facebook account last week, because I'm such a busy and social person with my appointment book bursting at the seams. I have contacts all over the world, just dying to know every infinitesimal detail of my life. I fight off the paparazzi every time I step out my front door.
No, not really. Not even close. That's probably the reason I have a FB page.
I have three, count them 1-2-3 friends on my page..one who is related by blood, one who is by marriage, and the other who is "related" by the past. My brother-in-law tagged me last week with the "25 Random Things" meme. I capitulated. So here are my list of banal randomness.
1. I want to write a book someday. I blog instead.
2. I met my husband through a yenta-ish woman I worked with back in the '80s (wasn't everything back in the '80s?). I finally gave in after months of her telling me how wonderful this boy was and that I should really meet him. Actually it was my sister, who finally talked me into accepting a date from him. We will be married twenty-five years this November.
3. I am a hermit in real life.
4. I will eat an entire frozen bag of Brussels sprouts. After cooking, of course.
5. I have a huge collection of Marvel comics. Mostly X-men.
6. I have two daughters, 20 and
7. I have a deep-seated fear of clowns.
8. I write far better than I speak.
9. I thought "Waterworld" was a good movie.
10. In high school, I was looked upon as "snobbish". Actually, I was scared to death and I thought if I was really quiet no one would take notice of me.
11. I like the fact that I am going gray.
13. I don't think of myself as an adult in that I-really-should-be-sitting
14. I am still waiting for my huge cardboard check.
15. "Oh, look! A bunny!!!
16. I sleep to dream. (I have no life...I have a Facebook account, remember?)
17. The only jobs I've had in my life was cooking at a hotel chain restaurant (I also bussed tables) and worked in the quality control department in a sewing factory. I also did a short stint at a family owned fast food place.
18. I don't like to cook, and I can't sew.
19. I wanted to play drums in the grade school band. My mom wanted me to play the flute. I ended up doing neither.
20. I almost lost my upper lip to a dog bite.
21. My teenage years were the worse years of my life.
22. I'm starting to read the books I never read in high school, although I may never tackle "Moby Dick".
23. I want Barber's "Adagio for Strings" played at my wake.
24. The Art Institute of Chicago, standing in front of the painting "A Street in Paris, A Rainy Day"...I wish I was there right now.
25. I'm surprised I was able to come up with 25 things.