Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Old post lurking in my drafts

**Due to the fact that I can't engage my brain to write anything more taxing than "See Spot run", I have resorted to digging up a post that was left to linger in the edit pile**


I set up a Facebook account last week, because I'm such a busy and social person with my appointment book bursting at the seams. I have contacts all over the world, just dying to know every infinitesimal detail of my life. I fight off the paparazzi every time I step out my front door.

No, not really. Not even close. That's probably the reason I have a FB page.

I have three, count them 1-2-3 friends on my page..one who is related by blood, one who is by marriage, and the other who is "related" by the past. My brother-in-law tagged me last week with the "25 Random Things" meme. I capitulated. So here are my list of banal randomness.

1. I want to write a book someday. I blog instead.

2. I met my husband through a yenta-ish woman I worked with back in the '80s (wasn't everything back in the '80s?). I finally gave in after months of her telling me how wonderful this boy was and that I should really meet him. Actually it was my sister, who finally talked me into accepting a date from him. We will be married twenty-five years this November.

3. I am a hermit in real life.

4. I will eat an entire frozen bag of Brussels sprouts. After cooking, of course.

5. I have a huge collection of Marvel comics. Mostly X-men.

6. I have two daughters, 20 and 16 17. In school I was considered the least likely ever to become a mother.

7. I have a deep-seated fear of clowns.

8. I write far better than I speak.

9. I thought "Waterworld" was a good movie.

10. In high school, I was looked upon as "snobbish". Actually, I was scared to death and I thought if I was really quiet no one would take notice of me.

11. I like the fact that I am going gray.

12. ???

13. I don't think of myself as an adult in that I-really-should-be-sitting
-at-the-kid's-table way.

14. I am still waiting for my huge cardboard check.

15. "Oh, look! A bunny!!!

16. I sleep to dream. (I have no life...I have a Facebook account, remember?)

17. The only jobs I've had in my life was cooking at a hotel chain restaurant (I also bussed tables) and worked in the quality control department in a sewing factory. I also did a short stint at a family owned fast food place.

18. I don't like to cook, and I can't sew.

19. I wanted to play drums in the grade school band. My mom wanted me to play the flute. I ended up doing neither.

20. I almost lost my upper lip to a dog bite.

21. My teenage years were the worse years of my life.

22. I'm starting to read the books I never read in high school, although I may never tackle "Moby Dick".

23. I want Barber's "Adagio for Strings" played at my wake.

24. The Art Institute of Chicago, standing in front of the painting "A Street in Paris, A Rainy Day"...I wish I was there right now.

25. I'm surprised I was able to come up with 25 things.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment