Friday, August 29, 2008

A woman for woman's sake?

Today, John McCain picked Alaskan governor Sarah Palin to be his running mate for the GOP.

The Democrats couldn't offer you a woman, but the Republicans can...so there!

That's the feeling I get. Or maybe that's just me.

Yes, I'm most likely seeing this through a cynic's eye. Obama could have easily done the same, pick a woman VP to calm the feelings of those felt let down by the party when Clinton didn't win the nomination. But, he didn't. If he did, I would call 'pandering' just as I am with McCain.

Then, I could be wrong. I'm sure it's a very savvy move, politically.*

*In desperate need of a sarcasm icon.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the same thing. And not only that, but NARAL says she's very anti-options when it comes to women considering an abortion (as in: "No you can't is the only option".) So she may not just be a woman for woman's sake, but she's a potential Trojan horse.

    On the other hand, I'm glad Obama chose Biden. At first, I thought, "Why? He's just another white guy." But he just happens to be a white guy who has real experience where Obama doesn't -- in foreign policy.

    ReplyDelete