Thursday, January 24, 2008

Taking advantage at the dentist's, or trying to.

I was in today for my quad-ly (yes, I know it isn't a word, bah) cleaning, slipping under the effects of nitrous (yes, I am a dental wuss), and these are the thoughts running through my mind as the hygienist was going at me with sharp instruments...you know, the things you are never supposed to put in your mouth? Anyway...

"I wonder if the hygienist believed me when I told her I floss every day?" No, she knows you lie about flossing, just like everyone else does.

"I wish the hygienist would stop trying to have a conversation with me so I can let my mind wander." I find that I come up with some very interesting ideas while under the gas. Only problem is, by the time I walk out of the office, I have forgotten my train of thought. Kind of like that last dream of the night you try to hang on to, but the more awake you get, the more wispy it becomes until it finally poofs away.

"Hmmm...I sure could go for a Leinie right now" I have a theory that nitrous oxide affects the same part of the brain as alcohol does...well, at least with me it does. But, by the time I get home, all I want to do is go to bed and nurse my post-nitrous headache.

But, I have nice white teeth now.

No comments:

Post a Comment